View Single Post

Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tbl. w/my M-63 and speedloaders

Love my M-63 3".... I got 3 of the DS-10 8-round speedloaders for it and have trouble with the loader clearing the grips for a straight-in load. The rear of the speedloader is making contact with the edge of the left stock and I can't get the rounds to seat.
I've got the Ahrends finger groove combat stocks on it at the moment - those are the stocks I prefer so far and the loaders don't work with them. Last week I got a pair of Altemonts and the color was way to....rose colored, so I sanded and refinished them, at the same time relieving the area where the speed loader was rubbing. Worked out fine, but I still prefer the look and feel of the Ahrends. I really don't want to alter them so I relieved one of the loaders (heavily!) with a dremel, reducing the radius of the rear end of the loader considerably and that one speed loader now works fine with the Ahrends grips.
Question is, are there any stocks out there that work with the J-frame DS-10 speedlaoders "as is"? I have a set of the S&W Pro 60's on backorder...just wondering, so I don't go and modify the other two loaders withoout having to.