View Single Post

Old 01-31-2011, 11:10 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spricks View Post
In the new issue of Handgunner Magazine, Massad Ayoob's article is titled "Safety Catch" Lesson's From Real-World Shootings. Mag safetys do save lives...the next one could be yours.
spricks
No offense Spricks, but in my opinion Ayoob is a clown, just like Sanow, Marshall and Suarez. Just for one example, Ayoob railed against the .380 when it was catching on with Kel Tec. Then when Ruger came out with the LCP, he was out there pimping it as if he had never been against it.

As for his opinion, he of course is entitled to it just like anyone else. What bothers me is when companies leave you no choice by designing only one choice. Even worse is when state governments use these design features as ideas for new restrictive laws, like in California where mag disconnects are mandatory now (gee, thanks for giving them that idea manufacturers). I give credit to Rohrbaugh for abandoning the idea of installing electronic smart locks (like Colt played with on their defunct polymer pistol...I think it was called the P2000) because they were alerted by the gun community that states would likely use them as an excuse to require such things on all guns.

If someone wants a disconnect, they should be allowed to have choices of available models which offer it as an option...just like I should be able to not have it. Unfortunately, in California I no longer have the choice. I just can't wait to see what other ideas manufacturers will give to state governments next. This one is particularly bad in my opinion because it leaves no easy option to bypass it, unlike the other annoying new ideas/new California requirements like loaded chamber indicators (dangerous to rely on...should always manually check) or cocked striker indicators (could be broken, thus errantly leading one to believe the gun is not going to fire if the trigger is pulled), etc.
The Following User Likes This Post: