View Single Post

Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 PM

Liked 42 Times in 7 Posts

Well I might as well jump in on this one. First off I love S&W and I think they have the finest revolver in the world. I do own some S&W auto's. I do also own some 1911's. So that being said here we go. Why in the world would you EVER want to get close enough with a weapon when you dont have to and put it into someones back. I think EVERY police officer knows that a semi auto will not fire out of battery far enough or at least i hope they do. And if your fellow officer or another person is fighting over a gun and you have a clear shot, then why was the bad guy not shot by the other officer? The other problems have to be due to maintenance at some point. Maybe the armory did something wrong if they even have one. Some major agency's dont even have one at times. Not saying they dont. And again I have seen more things go wrong with ammo then with the firearm. And they might pass out duty ammo every few years. Some little police departments make the officer buy it so it at times has been with him since he started with his department. I also know some agencys will use a mag from a generation one in the flipping generation three's if its' still in service. We all know how well springs last for 20 years in a double stack mag loaded all the time. Can anyone here right now tell me we can take an M&P auto and burry it for anytime in the ground and dig it up wipe it off and it will shoot? Or a 1911? At Front Sight and Gun Sight as soon as the sand gets up and around the 1911 has A LOT of problems running. Love it and shoot it. But you can only re invent that wheel so many times. And back to how great the revolver is. Love it and they do work but they have problems also. Anyone ever seen the Trooper for South Carolina and his shooting he lost? Tpr. Coates fired and hit 5 of 6 rounds center mass in the bowling pin kill zone what have you with .357 125gr semi jacket lead noise HP, magic bullet. After the bad guy was shot he returned fire on the Tpr and killed him. The Tpr got shot because he could no longer return fire. You know why? He only had 6 rounds and they were all well placed. But **** happens and you do need more ammo. And the 20/20 on it now some other things wet wrong but the rounds didnt kill the guy. Police it seems actually qual more today then years ago. Just years ago people shot more on their own and grew up around firearms and had basic skills of shooting before becoming the police. How many guns you know that can do this?

YouTube - Glock 21 Buried 2 years then 500rd test fire