View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 774 Times in 375 Posts

tdan-

The only square butt N frame that I can recall being shipped with the combats was the short lived M-29-4's that had the milled (or as the factory calls it- broaching) scallops in the sight rib for scope rings.

However, the SB combats were an add on item sold in most gunshops in factory blister packs for several years in the late '80's. That's exactly how I bought mine in the picture above. They were quite expensive to buy even back then, but they still sold pretty well in my area. You had to keep an eye on when they restocked the display racks if you wanted a set.

You may be right about SB combats bringing more on auction sites. I don't know, 'cause I don't watch them (like I need any more insentive to buy gun related stuff), but here in the forum classifieds, the RB version always commands higher prices.

The reason is simple- here on this site, we are all S&W fans, and everyone wants to put their gun back to original condition, and since RB combats came stock on several different guns, they are in higher demand to do just that.