View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 01:30 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 774 Times in 375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximumbob54 View Post
What are you guys using to meter out Unique? I have tried in my RCBS Uniflow, Lyman Ideal 55, and Lee Pro Auto Disk. The Auto Disk ran the best but the flakes would gum up under the nylon wiper after a while. The RCBS and Lyman both seem to bind or jam every so often and never meter out the same amount for me. I get some light and then some heavy. I have a worse time with Trail Boss. TB I have given up on but I have a pound of Unique that I would still love to use.
I know a lot of the guys here have trouble with Unique, but until I came to this site, I never had any idea that ANYONE ever had trouble with Unique.

I have used almost nothing but Unique in my Dillon 550B since buying it new in 1988 specifically for loading my .45 ACP's, and that is all it has ever loaded. Everything else gets loaded on my old Pacific reloading setup bought new 30 years ago now.

The Pacific powder measure drops charges of Unique like who'dathunkit. No bridging, no hang ups, no problems.
It came with two inserts- one for pistol, and one for rifle. I leave the rifle insert in even for small cased pistol rounds like the .38. It works just fine with loads as light as 2.5 grains of either Unique or 231, so why switch the the one for pistol?

For some unexplained reason, I feel the urge to go cast some bullets .
The Following 3 Users Like Post: