View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 05:25 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,879 Times in 417 Posts
Wink

I went to the range yesterday and having just acquired my first K frame, a 4" model 10, thoroughly enjoyed shooting it for the first time. When I finished a box of 38's I picked up my 649 and spent the next box fine tuning the CT laser grips, also with a box of 38's - 125 grain gun show special reloads. My right thumb is healing from a fracture and is still very tender but the 649 was just as comfortable to shoot as the model 10. This is probably due to the extra weight vs an Airweight and the quality of the CT grips also contributes to a comfortable hand.

I would rather carry the 649 with its additional weight than deal with the increased snappiness of an Airweight. BTW: Another recommendation for the Lobo Gun Leather Enhanced Pancake holster that I use for my 649. At 3:00 it tucks high and tight and is completely accessible when driving as the shoulder belt is forward of the grip...but I digress. (o; I like the way the Model 10 shoots but it is too heavy/bulky (with the 4" barrel), for me to consider it a carry piece. It will however serve me well as my new truck gun, backed up with a Bianchi speed strip. YMMV