View Single Post

Old 02-06-2011, 09:50 AM

Liked 379 Times in 219 Posts

I went sledding with the kids yesterday and had my 2" Model 64 in the front pants pocket without a pocket holster. After a while it started to hurt where the cylinder was rubbing against my leg, so I took it out and put it in my jacket pocket. The biggest problem is the thickness of the six shot cylinder and frankly the weight just isn't a big deal to me. For years I've been carrying a 4" Redhawk and N Frames concealed so the weight of a K Frame is not an issue.

I'm sure that under those conditions my 940 (or any other J Frame) without a pocket holster would've hurt too. The 64 fits into the same Nemesis holster I use for my 940, but depending on the dimensions of the pocket the grip might stick out of the pocket when the holster is used. So for me one of the sticking points of K Frame pocket carry is the thickness of the cylinder and not the weight.

The Model 66 snub has a longer barrel and adjustable sights which in my opinion add too much bulk for any kind of pocket carry.

The J Frame is best but the K Frame is acceptable, especially if it's all you have.

Dave Sinko