View Single Post

Old 02-06-2011, 12:44 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldn't afford to wait, so I posted it for sale on Florida Gun Trader in the Central Florida section. I asked $575, since the MSR is now down to $669, with street prices around $600.

I got an offer of $475 cash & negotiated to $500, which is a little less than I would like, but is a quick & easy cash deal, or at least that's what the buyer is telling me

For this price I'm not throwing in any ammo, the speed loaders, the zippered gun rug or holsters. The holsters are left handed anyway. This way when I can afford to replace this revolver, I'll have the accessories.

I hope I didn't settle too quickly, but then I needed the money ASAP, so I'm just glad I got an acceptable offer as quickly as I did.

I'm gonna miss this one

=================================================================================================
[EDIT for UPDATE] -- The deal for $500 fell through. The buyer started back peddling & tried to get me to come down after we'd agreed on a price, saying his wife really wanted a Glock for CC, but that he 'might' be able to convince her if I came down on the price.

So, I placed a new ad on Florida Gun Trader & reduced my asking price from $575 to $495 & received several inquiries & an "I'll take it" I was very comfortable selling to this buyer, as he's a retired deputy from a local department & had a CC permit that he showed when he picked it up.

Interestingly, I spoke to a couple of gun shops locally & was informed that the Crimson trace grips added almost nothing to the value of the gun for them to sell. One offered me $150, the other $250.
==================================================================================================

Last edited by TangleWeb; 02-07-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Gun sold