View Single Post

Old 02-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Liked 15,454 Times in 6,781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujax01 View Post
I am frugal - some would say "cheap". After buying a dozen plastic boxes and listening to my wallet whine, I got the inspiration to go dumpster-diving at the range and rescued a bunch of empty boxes.
I slit them at the seam, turned them inside out, then glued and taped the seam back up. I had some old address labels I print on the computer and use to tag the ammo.
Well Sir, you got me on the bandwagon of saving the planet, one box at a time. Of course I am spewing lead all over.

Guy at the range I know shoots a box of 38's and then plinks his 22 once a week. He gave me two boxes of Federal American Eagle 38 spl.

I used your idea, glued the box seam with contact cement, warped them in clear packing tape for structural support, added a piece of Blue painters tape which I normally use to label plastic boxes as it always comes off easy. (I can call it a Dillion box)

These are the first and only boxes I have that all have the same headstamp. I am going to keep them this way. I did not even clean this brass.
These are gonna be my target 38's only. See how long they last.

Even added an official load label. Probably spent more money on tape and time but hey it was fun!