View Single Post

Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM

Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Default This sounds ODDLY familiar...

Here's an outtake from the above article. Such copyrighted material is permited to be reproduced in small outtakes as direct, attributed quotes...

But it pretty well sums up what everybody thought.

**********************************************************************************

Here goes:

...We contacted several agents familiar with the pistol selection and, after promising them anonymity, they agreed to comment:

"'When John Hall was in charge of the 10mm program, he told me, 'I love the .45, I carry a .45, but I couldn't go before Congress and ask for $3.5 million for a .45 when the army had just spent millions to replace the .45.' So we came up with a cartridge that ballistically was identical to it -- the downloaded 10mm," an FBI source said.

"The FBI has been conducting an ongoing study on ballistics since Miami [the 1986 massacre in which two agents died in a bloody gunfight with bank robbers]. They found the .45 is a pretty good round. In a tradeoff between controllability and knockdown power, the .45 is it. Confidence level is also a part of it [the decision to adopt the caliber]," said another informed source.

There! The words no one wants to admit officially: "knockdown power." You know that was the reason for the .45 specification; I know that; and surely the FBI knows that. But they aren't about to admit it. The assorted liberals in the alphabet soup-- HCI, ACLU, NAACP -- would have a field day with such an admission. You can just imagine the headlines: "FBI Shoots To Kill," "FBI Picks Deadliest Weapon."

**********************************************************************************

Apparently, some in a liberal Congress at the time wanted the 9mm because it was a "less-lethal" round....

Gee, nobody's ever put that sharp a point on it before. But it's clear some want the 9mm PRECISELY because the 9mm IS less deadly...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

And don't forget that Ronald Reagan had been shot just a mere 7 weeks after taking office just a few years earlier.

Also, recall that Reagan's support for gun rights got a LOT spongier after that incident...

As much as I hate to say it, the shooting of U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords also might have had a far, far, far worse outcome if she'd been hit on the same bullet path with a .45, a .357, a 10mm or a .40 -- as opposed to a 9mm.

Last edited by Outrider; 02-07-2011 at 06:53 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: