View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,352 Times in 5,549 Posts

If i remember correctly the guy heard some russling in his shed and went outside with the 410 shot gun. I believe the bear was right infront of him when he shot it in the eye into the brain. Quick thinking on his part. Your right it wasn't the smartest thing to do was to go outside with the 410 but i think he didn't expect it to be a bear. But if we think about we react sometimes without thinking about it and we just grab what ever is on hand and go out to see what it is.

I now have bears in the back part of my land in the water shed area. I found out one night by the 5 cats i have to control the rodent population. While letting them in one night there heads were turning amost 360 degrees looking in every direction while there ears where turning too. They were all hunched low to the ground while they came towards the door to come in. This told me something was wrong outside and i never seen then act like this before. The next day my neighbor came over and asked me if i seen the bear that was in her yard lastnight. I found bear scat near my corn field plus bear tracks. A few weeks later i hit some more scat with my mower in the field. I live in a country rural area, with horse farms, with many acres of water shed area too besides the forests. My point is we can read the body english of our pets, there not stupid. They can't talk but they can tell us in there own way that something is wrong. Just don't go running out there in the dark with a 410. We just never know whats out there. I do go out there with my 44. Its been reported that we also have a mountainlion in the water shed area too andi have seen a lynx not too long ago too. Besafe,becareful, godbless, Bill

I fish at night and find abandoned kittens all the time and i bring them home and take care of them. But thats another story.