View Single Post

Old 02-15-2011, 08:16 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Exclamation Mine Too!

I just picked up a new 627 Pro 4" I ordered from Davidsons today, and keeping this post in mind, the first thing I checked out was the barrel crown, and.... Mine is the same way.

Awesome revolver, but, I do not think any gun should have left the factory looking like that.

Standing at the gun shop with the new piece in my hand and I'm thinking... send it back, but then I'm thinking, the next one probably will look the same, everything else seemed fine, so I brought it home and already have a return label from S&W on its way. I know Davidsons has the guarantee and all, but like I said, the next one might look the same, so I figured take this one and deal with getting this one right.

I am not happy about that, but maybe they will give it the once over it should have had before it left their place.

Other than the way it looks, I do not believe it will affect the way it shoots.

What they did was, when they cut the target crown into the end of the barrel, the bit did not go 100% from the outer edge of the cut to the rifling in the barrel and that is what looks rough, the edge of the rifling is sticking out by a few .001". They stopped the cut just shy of touching the barrel inner diam. and the rifling is sticking through.

Now I'm debating whether to send it back or not. If I do and they look at it and send it back saying it is OK like that, which I hope they would not do...I'd be out the gun for a number of weeks for nothing.

Maybe I'll shoot it, and if it is the tack driver I think it will be, I just won't wipe out the barrel crown when I'm cleaning it. Leave it black and then I won't see it. I am kidding, but I'll shoot it first then see what I'm gonna do.

Also, aren't moon clips supposed to be in the case with the new gun, 'cause mine did not come with any.

Has anyone sent something back to S&W lately, if so how long did it take to get it back?

Thanks for readin'

Ss