View Single Post

Old 02-16-2011, 01:03 PM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

OK, I did some deep water checking on this outfit. It appears to be nothing more than a way to raise money for the two people that run it. They use outdated info to entice people to donate. Their fed tax returns are so vague that they are lucky they are in audited. Donations are running about $150,000 per yr and their expenses are way more than that. Of course, the head of it gets a nice salary as does his partner.

Many places on the internet refers to it as a scam and I see nothing that would cause me to disagree. I found many gun sites where it was discussed and then some new member with his first post defends the operation and never posts again.

What I could not find is any legislation they sponsored but plenty of trips the head honchos made to gun shows and such at the expense of the association.

Again, they may have some positive things going for them but I have not found it. The President seems to enjoy having his photo made with people of importance at NRA functions.

I am now wondering if maybe I and the CajunLawyer could form a Louisiana Pro Gun Group. We could sell memberships and get us some travelling and gun money. Anyone here want to join in on the ground floor?

Last edited by oldman45; 02-16-2011 at 01:27 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: