View Single Post

Old 02-19-2011, 07:53 PM

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Nagel View Post
S&W read these posts, take note, offer the 3rd generation 45's again!
It wouldn't hurt my feelings. I had an 4586 until it was stolen last August. It was large and heavy, but was a fine shooter and range gun. A month ago I decided my 1911 collection was complete, so I started looking for 3rd gen S&W's with alloy frames. I bought a 4043 that functioned well [don't they all] but had some holster wear for well under $300. An hour with some scrub pads and polish and it looked great, but the NS's are a bit dim. I still prefer the 45, so last week I bought a used 4563TSW that was advertised as excellent throughout with bright NS's. He didn't lie. I paid more because of the condition, but when I got the pistol yesterday there wasn't a mark on it and the interior was pristine. It didn't look like it had ever been carried and shot little if at all. It came with all the original equipment and three mags. Thursday I found a brand new 470S at a small store in MA. It had been overlooked in a dist's warehouse, so I bought it. None of these guns cost anywhere near the original prices and I have my collection of 3rd gens started.

BTW, I have a M&P c 45 that has been perfect and is very accurate, but it just doesn't feel like the metal pistols.
The Following User Likes This Post: