View Single Post

Old 02-20-2011, 01:30 AM

Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts
Default .45 ACP 250 Grain PinBusters!

About 4-5 years ago I shot a bunch of pin shoots using loads of 200 gr lead RNFP. It was fun but I never stuck with it. Shortly after that I went to grab some more lead and I saw the 250 Gr PinBusters! from Missouri Bullet Company. I figured 500 rounds of 250 gr lead would be a good time. Break up the 2K of the 185- 200 gr fun a little.

Since I got them I have had one hell of time finding load data. The only place and I mean only place was in the load sheet that comes with the Lee Die set. Anyway I loaded a few and let me tell you they have a hell of a kick. So much so I finished a magazine and kept the rest for another day. I am not recoil shy, not at all, it was that the 1911 slide was smashing home. I did buy some heavier recoil springs but have not ventured out with this particular load again.

I know pin shoots were a fairly hot sport not so long ago and that speed counted. But the recoil seemed to out weigh the benifit of such a heavy loading IMHO.

So I guess what I am really asking has anyone else ever shot this load before? Did you have a load that worked good for you? Hell maybe some 250 grain and or pin shoot stories would be good to go as well! Just hate to see lead that is not flying out the end of a barrel.
The Following User Likes This Post: