View Single Post

Old 02-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

The 1911's we had in the Corps back in the early '70's had been abused for so long that you could throw the gun at an enemy and do better than trying to shoot them with the thing!

For that reason, and the fact that you couldn't touch a 1911 unless it was a $1000 Colt, which wouldn't fly when I was trying to raise 5 kids on one income, I didn't own a 1911 until S&W made their first SS model. That thing was a shooter! But alas, I felt I NEEDED something else so I sold it. Then, when Taurus first offered their PT1911 I gave them a real close look. Mainly, because I am cheap though, I admit.
All of the features that most "custom" guns had in the day, and the same ones all of the "loaded" versions have offered today and only $450 new out the door.
It shoots so well, that I often feel guilty singing it's praises! It will shoot everything from 200gr LSWC loaded for PPC, around 800fps, piling up brass at your feet, to 230gr LRN loaded to original spec's and piling up brass 10ft to the rear and right.

I guess I am just trying to say that I don't beat up my PT1911 too much.

Now, my M625JM? That platform takes a beating! It can handle it though.

I have a 240gr LSWC load that gives me 1100fps from that 4" barrel. Will that load do pins? OH, YEAH! Fast? No but really fun!