View Single Post

Old 02-20-2011, 08:31 PM

Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts

So after loooking at Forrest r's load book pic it shows HS7's start load as 8.8. I refered to a burn rate chart and found HS7 as #59 in the list. The closest powder that I have on hand is True Blue. It is rated on the chart as #56. Only three levels faster.

So would the masses agree it looks like it would be safe to try a load of True Blue @ about 8.5 grains or so. Or do you think this might be a little to low?

For those that have loaded for this round...could you suggest a decent starting load related to the powders I have on hand? I have the following powders on hand that work in .45 ACP: Auto Comp, Universal, WSF, 231, WST, Titegroup, True Blue, AA No 5, and Unique, wheww!

Is there any other known load book that has this load? Other than the older Hodgdon Book Forrest r listed?
I have Hornady 8th edition, Sierra Edition V 2nd printing, Speer #13 and Hodgdon 2009-20011 Annual Manuals and there is nothing. Nevermind the internet available factory and forum charts. Damn, there is alot of data out there!