View Single Post

Old 02-22-2011, 01:59 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,943 Times in 3,657 Posts

I think the lists are incomplete because S&W kept those records necessary for them to run their business---------instead of keeping records to keep lunatic fringe gun collectors happy----more's the pity!! Then again, I think S&W very likely moved old records out of the way after a spell so they'd have room for new records. I think some of those old records probably got lost along the way------and guess what?!! Nobody cared----------except for you and I----and a few other lunatic fringe gun collectors------and the S&W Historian----who still keeps digging.

And the reason you should GET A LETTER is because the author of that letter is still digging, and may very well have stumbled across something about five minutes ago which will answer all your questions.

And that brings up another point: If all you do is send in your money and ask for a letter, you're going to get a "plain vanilla" letter. If you ask pointed, specific questions you're going to get a letter with pointed, specific answers.

And that, unfortunately, brings up yet another point: Mr. Jinks has been known to get a little cranky every now and then. He's not very nice when he's cranky. One thing he gets cranky about is when folks ask questions which have already been answered in one of his several books. I reckon he figures if the folks didn't think his books were worth reading--------and studying------carefully----and thoroughly, before they ask their (therefore not particulary good) questions; then he's more than a little inclined to slap you "upside the head"----figuratively speaking, of course. You will not enjoy that experience.

Ralph Tremaine