View Single Post

Old 02-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Unhappy advise on model 53 Jet

I definetly advise you to wear the plugs and muffs. I lost my hearing back in the 60's firing a 6 incher. Not totally but 30%. I fired it without either, not knowing the outcome. I had read articles about these guns but I guess I must not believed they could be this loud.
I made most of my cases from fireforming .357 cases after annealing them, they worked fine but I handloaded most of the .357 cases both factory and my own formed ones. I also used reduced loads as I found they worked as well as the factory loads. Took out a badger with this pistol. Wish I still had it as it was ordered with the extra .22 long rifle cylinder, target hammer, target trigger, target stocks, red ramp front sight, white outline rear and the most beautiful bright blue finish I had ever seen. Wish I still had it and I would buy another if I ever found one. The dentist that has it now won't sell it back to me regardless of price. I should have sold it to a commom laborer I guess. Oh well, this has happened many times before with other guns.