View Single Post

Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 PM
US Veteran

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre03 View Post
There is really no way of telling; the gun shop said it was unfired but I don't remember them saying new. It could have passed from dealer to dealer for 30 years, but it is unlikely.

Couriously it came complete with everything including the warranty card which I filled out and provided when I returned the firearm. I even had to chuckle when the salary demographic question on the warranty card only had 2 choices over or under $10,0000 a year. Now I wish I hadn't filled it out because the gun is probably worth more as a package with the warranty card.
More than likely, this is a used gun that was either traded in or sold to the gun shop in "new in the box" condition so it was then sold as new in the box. This does not mean new! This is still a used firearm. I am personally very tired of reading posts on this and other firearms forums whining about the big bad gun companies that don't give them a new gun or a free fix on a gun they bought second hand or used regardless of condition. Your 1981 model 36 was used and not under warranty. You state you are just disappointed, not angry. I say you should be neither and instead be happy that the company still has parts to work on a 30 year old weapon. If people want a full warranty with all the bells and whistles then they should not buy used guns. Stick to new from the factory and then you won't be "disappointed."