View Single Post

Old 02-22-2011, 10:38 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,964 Times in 3,661 Posts

I have many guns that were shipped directly to individuals. I have yet to be able to track down any additional information on any of them, but that comes under the heading of a personal problem. You have a head start---------your individual had his name on the gun!!

The engraving does not appear to be "cut through the blue". Similarly, the gun does not appear to have been refinished. With nothing else to go on, it would not surprise me to learn the engaving was factory and the gun was shipped directly to Weaver-----or to whomever it may have been that gave the gun to him. Given the very small amount of engraving, the records may not indicate that it was engraved; but they will almost certainly indicate the gun was a "special order"-------if that was the case. (I have three top-break target guns with un-numbered latches. All three letter as "special orders"---and as shipped with target sights. The letters do not indicate the nature of the "special order"-----but the only thing "special" about any of them is the sights----------as in: 2+2= 4!!)

Let us know what you learn.

Ralph Tremaine