View Single Post

Old 02-23-2011, 06:29 PM

Liked 1,166 Times in 723 Posts

I think maybe some are mixing up warranty claims and concessions.
I worked for both GE and Amana years ago and both companies honored their warranties as written no questions asked. Once a product was out of warranty there certainly are cases when a customer service rep may decide to repair that item for free or at reduced cost as was free shipping in this case, those are concessions.

In this case S&W had no legal responsibility to honor a warranty as it was no longer in effect. They did provide free shipping and a reasonable repair cost regardless of the reason for the defect.
In this case S&W did make a concession although it wasn't enough of one in the OP's view. Perhaps through the luck of the draw another customer service rep and supervisor would have been more generous with concessions, who knows.

In my opinion S&W did right in this case as a concession and although free would have been nice the OP got a fair deal.
Perhaps he can go back to the selling dealer for help in the cost of the repair as they sold him a gun as new that didn't function correctly. Some could say they didn't check it out correctly and share some resposibility too.