View Single Post

Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 PM

Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Three inch model 37.
Carries it day in and day out.
She had a man scare her when she went to her vehicle at the hospital after getting off a 3am. She's carried since then.

We have a friend who, during her junior year at college came home for Christmas break and looked like warmed over dog doo. Being the sensitive kinda guy I am, I ask her what the heck was wrong. She aid that she was taken by a serial killer in her apartment at college. He tied her up, raped her and planned on killing her. He went out to get some more beer, for the weekend party with her, but she was able to get loose and fled the apartment. She got to a phone and called the police. They were there waiting for him when he returned.

She came to me and said her father would give her the money to buy a gun if I would teach her to shoot. So on the next Saturday she came to our house and my wife and I went with her to buy a pistol in the big city close to our small town.
I ask her how much her father had given her and she said, "Fifteen hundred dollars." This was 1973, her mother and father are Jewish and had fled Germany in the early 30s.
They didn't like guns and had none in the home. Good folks.
He father was a Chemical Engineer at a major oil refiner.
Lots of money and no sense.

I ask her what type of gun she wanted and she said one that goes bang. She ended up buying a Walther PPKs, a Browning HP and a Remington 870P. And plenty of ammo to pratice with. She learned to shoot all of the guns and never had a problem with recoil or flenching. She married a Competive Shooter she met at the local range. She carried the PPKs from the time she got it till she passed her CHL Course about twenty years later. Before CHLs were permitted, I ask her one time if she wasn't afraid of getting hung out to dry by LE if she was caught with the gun. She said that she knew that she would get out of jail if she was arrested for CPW, but she didn't think she could get out of a coffin if she was murdered. She said that she was never going through an incident like happened to her in college.

She and her husband were "Standing in the Door" for the first
CHL Class in Travis County. She still carries every day and night. And a lot of time when she's at home out in the yard.

Rule 303