View Single Post

Old 02-24-2011, 03:36 PM

Liked 82 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop-gunner View Post
It looked straight forward to me but thought I'd double check before I start turning the allen screws to adjust the front.
I'm thinking those adjustments set for 25,50,75, and 100yards would be a slick set up for a hunting revolver.
H Richard is right on all counts. I would add that the allen wrench, if you don't have one already, is a .050; of course I didn't have one so had to buy a set with that one in it. Oh, well.

The rear sight on my 29-3 was bottomed out when I got it and none of the pins on the front sight had been moved. I put the rear sight at about the height of my other revolvers and set #1 pin so that the base of the sight was level with the wings of the mount, if that makes sense. This put my 240 grain loads at about 2" high on paper at 25 yards and pretty much right on dirt clods at 60 yards. I am going to try some 200 grainers before long, so may pick another pin to work with.

At first I wasn't too sure about this arrangement, but like you I have come to appreciate it. Something that may take a little longer to get used to is that narrow rear sight notch.