Thread: Why 41 Mag?
View Single Post

Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknight7 View Post
Hummmmmmmmmmmm, lemme see? "No griz in Colorado". Fall 1979, female grizzley attacked guide while he was guiding archery hunters northwest of Alamosa. It took approximately 300 stitches to close the guide's wounds. Grizzley was killed by guide using an arrow as a spear, and the animal finally expired. Source: Rocky Mountain News.

How would I know about this? I was living 103 miles north of there, at the time. Then, when I went to the Colorado Law Enforcement Training Academy, at Golden, Co., in March 1980, I bunked right next to an Alamosa PD officer, for 8 solid weeks. He happened to be the nephew to the guide that got ate. Oh, the grizzley was confirmed as a grizzley by CU wildlife professors.

Now, do you honestly think that female grizzley just FELL out of the sky, into the middle of Colorado? The 10 years I was a cop in that area, amazing how many times my partner and I found bear tracks that were between 10 and 14 inches long and between 4 and 8 inches wide, on both sides of the Arkansas River. Black bear? I Don't Think So!

The San Isabel Nat. Forest is a very amazing place. You would be surprised what you might find, when you get off the beaten path.

And one more thing, Pat Grashorn bunked on the other side of me, while at the academy. I think alot of you might know him, by his custom grips.
You are right! it would not surprise me if there are some hidden in the San Juans still? Wolves are finally starting to show up in NW Colorado also!

But I think I have a better chance of getting hit by debri from the space shuttle, than being attacked by a Grizzly on the east slope