View Single Post

Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Banned

Liked 155 Times in 79 Posts

I do my own suppressors, been building and using them for years, used them in the military, used them in combat, used them on "other occaisions" while in military service, and use them now mostly for my own shooting hobby but have made a few custom's for LE agencies at times. Have even on a few occaisions had a chance to use them in my present LE career.

A lot of these are for .22, some for 5.56, some for 7.62. Having about 29.5 years of experience with testing, selecting, and using, various weapons platforms for and in the military/government/civilian LE, and also being a qualified sniper, I can tell you for a fact, despite what anyone tells you, that the .22 inside of a 300 yard range without suppressor, and inside a 200 yard range with suppressor, can be one of the most lethal rounds there is if employed properly and from the correct platform by a competent sniper or marksman. A lot of people don't realize that, but careful selection of platform and matching ammo is key. A lot of people think that at 200 to 300 yards the lowly little .22 kinda stops working, it doesn't. For soft tissue, maximum range and effective range kinda blur together inside of 300 yards for the .22 and either have no effect on the lethality of the .22 if it reaches its target by the hand of a competent sniper or marksman. I'm not talking about paper shooters either just lobbing rounds at a paper target, i'm talking about people who can tell you before the shot, for example, "the round will impact 1.2 inches below the center of the.....at an angle of 22.3 degrees....and penetrate 3.06 inches deep." and when you go look and measure you find they were 100% correct, these are not center mass shooters.

Last edited by Foxtrot; 03-01-2011 at 12:46 PM.