View Single Post

Old 02-27-2011, 09:20 PM

Liked 47 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterlyShotgroup View Post
Would you ever go for a head shot? I mean, at 50 yards it shouldn't be impossible and it's much more a sure thing as far as dropping the animal...
I could but I'm really kind of hoping they will run off so I don't have to dispose of the carcass. Deer are pests here and I'm an exterminator, not a hunter. I generally just open a window and shoot them without going outside. I've shot them with almost every gun I own including my 10mm revolver. I guess I need to try my .45acp next and work my way down to the .22 pistols.

You may wonder why waste the meat but I have no luck giving them away. I'll call people I know and tell them I've got one for them and they ask if I have it cleaned yet. Ha.Ha. The coyotes eat well around here. I used to try and eat it myself but every recipe trys to disguise the taste which is hard to do. If I can't just throw it on the grill plain like beef I'm not interested. You can do that with Elk, it's as good as beef.

Back to .22's. The experienced poachers around here use .22 shorts for low noise and shoot them between the eyes. Works fine for them.