View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 11:26 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,095 Times in 1,249 Posts

Hi Jerry;

You need a round butt K-Frame gun. I have large hands with long fingers and I still really like the way these guns handle. Great for double action shooting. Now that little .32 is just too small for me to shoot well.

Hey, thanks Lee! So "no-logo" continued for several years beyond World War I. It is reasonable to assume that the deletion of the logo had something to do with WWI production efforts.

One also assumes that the entire production was devoted to the government contract M1917 with the possible exception of finishing up commercial guns of all models that were already "in the pipe."

"Eventually, using the possibility of Bolshevik inspired labor problems, the Gov't seized the factory in Aug, 18."

This always seemed a bit sordid all the way around to me. I love reading history but don't know of another instance where the government seized a factory in quite such a manner. The "Red tide" was running high elsewhere in the world during that period and its effects were felt here in the U. S.. I didn't consider that it could have been behind Smith & Wesson's production difficulties which apparently were shameful. Even so, it would appear the government overstepped its bounds to seize control of a company like that. Maybe this incident is an early example of bending the law, like Clinton wanted to do, so that the Wilson administration could accomplish its aims.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: