View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

I think us about 70 year old guys were raised with the old classics. We experianced the cheaping of guns with cheaper wood, and then the plastic was pushed. The manufactor short cuts were obvious. Now the action movies show the gangsta`s shooting their plastic pistols sideways over their heads like a matador going for the final coup de grass. Also the new movie tactic`s of spraying countless rounds instead of a well aimed single round in real life. We associate the stupid tatics with the plastic black guns that we have no use for outside of a mass military situation not likely in this country.
I have owned a colt AR 15, mini 14, etc. I saw no need for them in my life and sold or traded them for other stuff. I carried and qualified with revolvers on my guard jobs for over 35 years and feel compitant with them. I own or have owned colt 1911`s, browning hi powers, smith 39`s, walther, radom, luger etc. Never a glock or plastic.
I did own a remington nylon 66 once.
Us old boys were brought up on winchester 62`s, marlin mountie`s, ruger single six`s, and pump shotguns, winchester 94`s etc.
Mossburgs, marlins etc were considered "christmass tree" guns when I was a boy.
Times change. Cop`s used to wear aviator glass`s, mustachs. Now they shave their heads and wear those space looking glass`s. You gotta have that "preacha roll" of fat on the back of your head too!
How did we ever get by without all that tatical stuff?

Last edited by feralmerril; 03-02-2011 at 12:46 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: