View Single Post

Old 03-03-2011, 12:41 PM

Liked 18 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetLawman590 View Post
Thanks, well I followed up the phone call with an email. Still waiting for a response.

Forget the email route....I tried that and FINALLY got a reply, which was to tell me the address to send it to, but no mention of S&W covering the shipping charges both ways.

Other posts that I've seen elsewhere indicated that S&W would cover the shipping charges both ways, so I dug deeper. After speaking with a rep at S&W, he directed me to the following link where you can request the warranty work to be done:

Warranty Repair Shipping Form - Smith & Wesson

So I filled the form out and waited. The next day I received an email that said there was a problem with the serial number that I provided (and I DID type it correctly). So I called S&W the following day and kept hitting ZERO until I got a real person on the phone. He manually generated a return shipping label for me that was emailed to me and then I simply printed it out and attached it to the box I packed the gun in. I called FedEx and they picked it up from my house.

It was picked up last Monday. Yesterday, just 9 days after it was picked up by FedEx to go back for the recall work, I got my gun back. It came back to my house yesterday with the "M" stamped onto the frame to signify that the "magnum" recall had been done.

And maybe it's just my imagination or wishful thinking, but it seems to be a little tighter than it was when I sent it to them. Pretty good service and product support for a gun that was originally purchased (not by me) almost 30 years ago.

Warner