View Single Post

Old 03-04-2011, 12:22 AM

Liked 325 Times in 148 Posts
Default comparison

Ammo..again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awhile back I posted about the inconsistancy of some Fed. bulk that I'd bought from a well known on-line outfitters bigbox type store. After experiencing very unsatisfactory performance on several levels, at that time I measured the cartridge rims on a box of the bulk and the values were all over the place.. I have about 1500 rnds left.(fed 745). Samples from each box proofed out to the average wide deviation of rim thickness.
Yesterday, I had a dumb a** moment and bought 1050 more rounds of 745, but purchased locally. Since I can't return it, I decided to measure it to see if this lot number was comparible to the lot i last bought. To my surprise, it was much closer in varience of rim thickness. happy joy joy.

Now comes a kicker albeit not totally surprising, I also bought a bunch of Blazer on sale. I decided to measure it. ..... It is so consistent that I quit after about 300 rounds. Yes there was a couple, 2, incidences that were farther out than the norm, but consistent is the key word.

All this being said, how's it all going to shoot? As soon as I can get some range time, I'm going to shoot my MOE and my new PC off a bench rest side by side, and see what shakes down.

I like what I've experienced with CCI overall.

Hobie