View Single Post

Old 03-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Liked 862 Times in 379 Posts

Hi M2MikeGolf,

Nice to hear you have other Treasures safely secured in Texas.

What's left of Europe and the former UK have been in quite the protracted stuggle to retain much for rights or practical priveldge as far as firearms ownership and SD goes, as you must well know.

My Heart goes out to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MikeGolf View Post
Oyebotob,

>>>snip<<< By the way, have you posted pics of yours?

Post No. 115

My only two are old War Horses with low Blue...both of which I acquired only recently.

The Long Barrel one is unusual, and, appears to be an able Gun Smith or maybe an S&W Factory re-Barrel using a no-calibre-stamp 2nd Mdl HE Barrel who's patents end in 1906.

It is a fine shooter and excellent timing and lock up.

My 'Bulged Barrel' one I bought cheap because I felt sorry for it, and, figured I would eventually round up a different Bulged Barrel, where the bulge is farther out, and, cut that Barrel down to as short as ( shortening ) the Ejector Rod Lug will allow, re-fit the Original Sight, Bob the Hammer, whittle out some nubby Stag Stocks, overhaul the worn and loose mechanism, and, have something of a charming, old War Horse, low Blue and lovable .45 ACP 'Snubby'...Home-Loads of 230 Grain full flat front Wadcutters over a full house charge of 'Unique', which, as a mid life City Boy, is egg-zactly what I would have done for Trouser Pocket Carry, if this was 1920, 1930, 1940 or any time since anyway.

I have been seeking medium to medium high condition one for a long time, and, have not taken the plunge yet...possibly because I am especially fascinated by the very earliest version, which had the concentric Mill Mark lines on the Hammer sides ( as my Long Barrel one does, being Serial No. 12,000-ish )...and, those are scarce for having been only maybe 8 percent or so of the production, if valued no different though.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by Oyeboteb; 03-05-2011 at 06:50 PM.