View Single Post

Old 03-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezhead View Post
new guy with a new gun and looking to add some improvements. i know my sd9 has the trijicon front sight, which is really effective. but i'm thinking i want more. where can i get the night rear sight? also, should i go with a laser or rail light? this is for home defense. if i need to go out and about, i plan on removing the light/laser. i have a tac light with strobe, so i'm just wondering if i'm better off leaving it alone, and using the hand light, or something different. please keep in mind that i have little knowledge for tac stuff in the house. wife and i are planning on taking NRA pistol courses this summer.sorry so long winded
Take a low light course, or get some one-on-one low light training from a competent professional instructor. Each piece of low light hardware(handheld light, weaponlight, night sights, and laser) and each employment technique has its own peculiar strengths, weaknesses, and training challenges. There is no one hardware/technique solution that works best for everyone. Good low light training will help you figure out what hardware and what techniques will work best for you, your wife, and your particular situation.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that you'll get any low light training during the NRA pistol course.