View Single Post

Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDuuChild View Post
Some have had better groups with the Hollow Points vs the round nose when it comes to Mini Mags. Probably a weight issue as the hollow points are 36grain to the round nose 40 grain.

Personally, I don't like blazers, my fingers are just covered in lead and I'm exposed to enough cancer causing agents being in the Aerospace industry, and the fact that they're bulk leaves imperfections that standard mini mags don't have. For some, it's a waste to use anything but bulk when it comes to plinkin, but for me, I wanna eek out every bit of performance when I'm plinkin/target practice (it's the only shooting I do unless coons or coyotes are after my chickens, then I'm head shottin them varmits). It's probably just part of my OCD as far as only shootin Mini Mags, haha. It's just funny when people tell me I'm crazy for spendin under seven bucks for a hundred of them, when I'm used to payin eight bucks for cheap 223's....and that's only for 20 rounds.

....and it's pretty cool seein over seven thousand Mini Mags on the shelf.
Yea I bought the box of blazers just to try, I am a bit ocd when it comes to my firearms as well and dirty ammunition bothers me... Lead and carbon... I'll pass

Anyways I just bought 750rds (two 375 boxes) of the Tactical, as well as two boxes of the Mini Mags. Not too much I can find about the tactical though. However, my gun dealer did talk to a S&W rep who said they are a great round, and from what I can find online he is probably right.

Ahhhh I see, Hollow point and Round nose.... I could have sworn I saw a Mini Mag HS too.... I'm gonna have to look that up again.