View Single Post

Old 03-08-2011, 01:19 PM
US Veteran

Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySmithShooter View Post
..........Thanks John. I guess I should have paid closer attention to those physics classes in college. It would have been great if they had a range with guns to demonstrate the concept......now that would have been total hands-on learning.

I've decided I'm going to shoot a high grain and a low grain and see how each feels. I'm actually quit a small person but I have no problem with the .38+P recoil. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Brenda
Brenda,

I suspect you did a "cut&paste" for your last couple of replies, which is fine, but it's easier to click on the Quote button at the bottom right of the post you want to reply to and the posted message is automatically transferred to the reply window you type in. You can then delete extraneous parts of the "quote", change colors and/or fonts for emphasis. etc. Just be sure not to delete/modify the first and/or last sets of brackets ("[" and "]") or it'll look a little strange when posted.

FWIW, I insert a series of periods (..........) when I delete portions of a "quote" as I did in your "quoted" post above.

Also FWIW, my wife doesn't like cleaning out the carbon ring when she fires .38spl in .357mag revolvers and prefers less recoil so she can shoot more without being sore the next day. I found some bulk .357 158gr LRNFP "Cowboy Loads" (800fps - 225 ft-lb Muzzle Energy - less than a typical .38spl) at a fairly reasonable price that she thinks is the best thing since sliced bread. She actually enjoys shooting full blown .357mag out of a snubbie (all steel - not an air-weight), but only takes a couple cylinders full before fun becomes more like work than fun and she either stops or switches to the milder stuff.

Try everything you can lay your hands on and Practice, Practice, Practice.
Eventually you'll find what suits you and your gun best, and most likely have a lot of fun finding out.

John