View Single Post

Old 03-08-2011, 04:35 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 142 Times in 54 Posts

I'm 22 and just really started getting into wheelguns over the last couple years. I own 17 handguns, 16 of those are metal...the one that isn't is a Calico, because I thought (and still think) that it's "neat". I really do love the older stainless S&W's though. I own 6 S&W revolvers, 5 are pre-mim and pre-lock, while the 6th is a no-lock M442. I can see where the generalization about younger guys not being able to appreciate the attention to detail and finer materials that went into the older guns, but I'm not one of 'those' young guys. I love the looks and feel of my vintage SS guns and am adding a 2" M63 here shortly thanks to a great guy here on this awesome forum. I wish I was around when these guns were still in common use, but they definitely get their share of love from this 22 year old. I had a Glock 19 for a while, but traded it quickly when a mint M60-7 crossed my sights. The plastic guns (Glocks specifically) are great and serve a real purpose in todays world, but like many have stated...they are souless and have no character. I don't plan on stopping my 'accumulation' (obsession?) of the good ol' Smiths anytime soon...and hopefully when I reach some of you other fine gentlemen's age, I'll have a great collection amassed. I want to thank all of you here that share your experience and knowledge with young guys like me that are just now getting to appreciate the wonderful world of vintage S&W's. I really appreciate it -Rob