View Single Post

Old 03-08-2011, 05:52 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Whether the long trigger pull on the BG380 is a problem or a feature is open to interpretation. Some people like the fact that it takes a very deliberate action to fire the little pocket pistol. Others rely on the safety to keep them out of trouble. Some like both (I'm in this camp).

Also, it's probably a good idea to define "accurately" when you're talking about such a tiny gun. I find it pretty easy to consistently keep the holes inside a 6" circle at 20-25', which is plenty good for anything I'd ever use the gun for (any farther than that, I have other options). Part of being able to do so required me to learn how to control that trigger (not difficult, but it does take a little technique to get it right). The good news is that you can dry fire the gun using the laser and see when your technique is good (or not). Just put the dot on something across your living room, and see if it moves as you dry fire.

I've only ever had misfires when using cheap Russian steel ammo, and even then, they all went bang after an extra attempt or two. I've only had one round out of many hundreds of rounds of "good ammo" FTF the first time, and that was one of the first couple rounds out of a brand new gun. Failure to release the trigger fully can also cause a FTF (by not allowing the trigger mechanism to reset). That's not an uncommon problem, though it's an operator error issue more than a gun issue, IMHO.

If you're expecting your BG380 to come back with a shorter, lighter trigger, you may as well return it to the gun store now... the way the trigger works is the nature of the beast, and by design... no "repair" is going to fix that. The one proviso is that it's always possible that your trigger actually has a problem that makes the pull harder than normal (it can't be longer, since it's designed to fire only after being pulled almost all the way to the trigger guard).
The Following User Likes This Post: