View Single Post

Old 03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Banned

Liked 155 Times in 79 Posts

I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Uhhh, I soak my aluminum cans all the time for cleaning with no ill effects. Stainless is not needed for that, a change in cleaning fluids used it needed. I use ed's red for my aluminum cans all the time with no problem.

I'm still mystified over the use of a stainless steel core in a .22 only can. Do me a favor will you - when you first get the can take it apart and examine the core closely to know whats there and how it looks. Then after you fire maybe 500 rounds thru it, take it apart again and look for any scratches, dings, divots, pits, especially at the edges of the bore hole center where the bullet passes through. The holes should still be clean and sharp at the edges with stainless steel in a .22 can, and there should be no wear at all at the hole edges under .22 use in a properly designed can using stainless steel as there is just not the conditions there which would cause such to stainless. Let me know what you find, if there is any wear of those edges, then i'll know why the stainless steel was used.

Last edited by Foxtrot; 03-09-2011 at 04:17 PM.