View Single Post

Old 03-10-2011, 02:29 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought I'd pop in and add some pics. I'm a silencer addict of sorts and was really a .45 addict prior to cans..(Love my Smith and Wesson model .745's..have 3..) But when I got that model 41 threaded for a can that was it. Game over..Dozen more rimfire hosts including an H&R M-16 with the sole purpose of rimfire.

I'm off the opinion that the tax stamp isn't going to stay at 200 bucks forever, and when it doesn't the silencer game is over. Sure some companies have military contracts but that won't pay the electric bill without the general public. So the fun is over.

I don't believe AL has any use at all in cans. My Multimount after only 400 rounds showed severe erosion on the blast baffle with the LID. I put another 600 rounds through it on my Mac in Full auto and with that mount allowing the blast to open up the erosion stopped. But I still sent it to Liberty to have the blast baffle duplicated into Steel and made take apart. (Neither Dave or myself knew the endcap was just threaded on then)

The TL at a mere 6 ounces I wouldn't describe as overbuilt. yes it will last millions of rounds that your great great grandkids will be using, but is neither a larger OD or to heavy. It is a bit longer than some but that is part of the lack of blowback built into the design. Silencers by nature really gun up the works so to find a design that the host weapon runs cleaner with the can on than off is unheard of. No other can that I'm aware of can do that.

Sukhoi was reffering to the dreaded "dip" 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and vinegar that some use to remove lead and will also dissolve AL. So far no one has found anything in the silencer community that will clean cans by soaking. (other than that mix) But even carbon has proven impossible. We have played with Ultrasonics, Kroil in a bag in the tumbler..You name it..So all ears to hear something that would work! It seems like take apart is the only solution and is really fine..But even K baffles (primitive idiotic invention) are such a dread to clean when you can even take them out. Granted with the collection I have now a bead blaster is in my future but I hate to take up more real estate here for a one purpose machine. Plus all my K's and AL monocores either are or have been anodized..so not much help there.

Here' some pics..You can see Liberty's work has already been copied now so its getting out there.
The TL centered had over 9000 rounds through it at the time of this pic. You could still see the tool marks from the day it was made under a loupe. 100,000 rounds and toss it on the dip and no one would ever be able to tell if you ever fired it. Though helps if the tube is still in the white..just run some steel wool over it.The Essence (Top) is all TI..The TL (center) is exactly the same baffle design just steel and the Steel version (bottom) has both a steel tube and core..Rated for Hornet and 5.7. You'll notice the baffles are thicker for the higher rating..weighs in close to 9 ounces!! The TL can handle both but is not rated for it because of reloaders like me that push the limits.

My opinion and as a student of these things. The most perfect design ever made. Not only is the TL the quietest rimfire can but has the best tone..some meter very close but its a tone game when you get under a 120 db's..Essence and TL meter exactly the same but the Essence sounds better (I don't really count the Essence as a production can because of the cost..its for just us nuts)..But the lack of blowback is what sets this can apart..Sure you can scrape it clean with just a knife..and take it apart in 10 seconds..But no blowing **** back into the action is what keeps us high volume shooters in love!

Speaking of my Gunsmith just got 32 cases (yes cases!) of 0035 in..I'm gonna go broke..This is the last of it forever..though they said that the last 4 runs..

Told you Sukhoi that the M&P was just fine.. These guys love em..Thanks for the heads up to the forum..You only know me as a silencer guy..But a die hard Smith and Wesson fan..Even have a model 53.

After the 250 round dump you saw on youtube plus another 350 rounds.

AL blast baffle being duplicated..BAD BAD material!! for a lifetime toy..If we could keep extras on hand and with no fears of the laws changing then who would care.

Last edited by KodiakChondro; 03-10-2011 at 02:45 AM.