View Single Post

Old 03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
US Veteran

Liked 610 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman86 View Post
I am trying to find more info on the latest Model 10's.....it seems S&W stopped making them for a couple years and then revived the 10-14 as the "Classic" with the new wood grips. I like the round butt profile, I may keep these grips on or find some older Magnas.

This 10-14 looks kinda slapped together, the barrel is cocked to the left a bit, and two of the chambers have late carryup. For $350 I can live with it, if I had to guess I would say it only has a couple hundred rounds through it, it hasn't developed the white circles around the chambers yet, and the drag line isn't fully "developed" yet. I plan to run a few cylinders through it tomorrow, if it puts all 6 in a group, doesn't spit and nothing falls off of it I'll be happy to add this to my collection of 10's.

The 10-13 is an oddball, there were only 38 made and it was kind of a "retro modern" re-introduction of the 1899 M&P. Looks like I can cross that one off my list, my goal is to collect all the post M&P Model 10's from '57 onwards, at least one for each dash number but I can forget the 10-13!
I may be wrong, but I believe that gun is late enough to be covered by the S&W lifetime warranty. The crooked barrel and carry up problem should be warranty items, with S&W picking up the shipping as well.

Wouldn't hurt to give them a call.