View Single Post

Old 03-11-2011, 12:57 PM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk43 View Post
Although not required the Florida officers, especially FHP, really appreciate knowing they are dealing with a good guy. At least that's what they told me when I asked. Stops are a dangerous thing here along the I95 drug corridor so why not make their day just a little more stress free and pleasant.

Bob
Because the one and only person that I have met handed the FHP both his driver's license and his CCW permit and was asked to please step out of the car, put your hands on the roof, spread your legs, his pistol was taken from him, he was handcuffed, and sat in the back of the car until his paperwork was I guess processed. He was given his pistol back with and empty magazine and a zip lock bag of his ammo and told thank you for your patience. I told my friend he should file a harassment charge at the officer, but he was just glad it didn't go further than that. I didn't want to crawl him any worse than he had just got but I was mad for him all the same. So despite being told in the CCW class that I went to that we "should" notify, I'm not sure if I will or not. But I also won't be flashing either. I completely understand that police have to worry about potential confrontation but the level of treatment that you risk by trying to be honest has created a feeling or borderline desire to be dishonest at times. So I feel backed into a corner of “Darned if you don’t and Darned if you do…”
The Following 2 Users Like Post: