View Single Post

Old 03-11-2011, 08:30 PM

Liked 4,301 Times in 2,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearmsrookie View Post
Sig,
Let me hide behind you as I don't have a fame suit...

Whether we are in the right or not about informing a LEO about being a CCW holder, I believe it is only courteous behavior to let them know if you are carrying or not. I know and work with lots of them and most are really good people who I am happy to be courteous to. Their jobs are hard and dangerous enough without me adding to it.
I'm another who believes that notification is simple courtesy. Since it's also the Law in Michigan it's also a requirement. BTW, Michigan not only links the CPL to the drivers license it's also linked to car registrationss. So, if you have a CPL and you're driving a car registered in your name that Police Officer will know about your permit as soon as he runs your tags.

As for shady characters with permits in Shall Issue state, Michigan has a rather long list of relatively minor offenses that will exclude someone from qualifying for a permit. Even a ticket for Reckless Driving is enough to get you excluded for 3 years and almost any infraction that indicates irresponsible behavior of any type can get you excluded for anywhere from 3 years to much longer.