View Single Post

Old 03-12-2011, 09:34 AM

Liked 3,829 Times in 851 Posts

I bought a 1911 9mm Pro Series last May it is the incredibly easy to shoot fast and accurately. I haven't changed a thing on it, not even the grips (they have a little palm swell and fit great), I carry it on duty and have shot it in a few IDPA matches. I've put 2500-3000 rounds through it and it has been 100% reliable. There were no "teething pains", the day I got it I took it out of the box and put 350rds through it then over the next 4 days of training and qualifying I shot another 500rds with no trouble whatsoever. The only problems I've had is that the black small parts and the rear sight rust easily and the right side of the ambi-safety was slightly loose. That problem showed up twice in competition when shooting left handed, when I disengaged the safety using the right side lever the left side wouldn't move all the way and the gun didn't fire. I sent it back to S&W on their dime on a Monday and I had it back Friday with a new ambi-safety. It's a great gun and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.