View Single Post

Old 03-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Liked 344 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
I'm with Dave on this and just don't get it . Might sound weird but because of this I won't look at the other forum on cast bullets .
Calling them "boolits" just looks and sounds stupid .
My 2 cents .
Like I said before Nick, I didn't bring it up to offend anyone. If "boolits" sounds stupid to you probably many other words I use would also.

Being from West Virginia & of coal mining stock I've been laughed at & of by my fellow soldiers when I left the protected confines of the coal camp & company houses were I was raised.

Moving to Montana to drive truck for Sammons Trucking Co. I found myself having to spell words over the phone to my dispatcher because they couldn't understand my tongue. It didn't stop there; I had to explain the meaning of words I used as "they had never heard such". I used a slang speech which others of my kind understood but outsiders didn't.

I guess those on the Cast Boolit Board speak a little different tongue but so do those on this board. Three screw, four screw, five screw, pre lock, post lock, things you don't hear much of from the factory that produced the arms we love yet we know that of which those on this board speak.

So, come on over to the Cast Boolit board & enjoy. No one I know of will be offended if you use the word "Bullet".