View Single Post

Old 03-12-2011, 01:31 PM

Liked 9,184 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkk41 View Post
Don't count on the cops to know the laws either.

Got pulled over on my motorcycle a few years back. When I took my D/L out , I also pulled my LTCF (I keep them together), which I slid back in. State cop asked if that was a 'carry permit'? I replied yes , as he put his hand on his sidearm and stepped back and shouted "OK , where's the gun?"!

He very loudly and angrily told me I was supposed to inform him I was carrying a firearm immediately whenever pulled over. State law says different , only have to inform IF asked , besides , I wasn't carrying any firearms on me at that time anyway.
We had an even worse occurrence here a while back.

Beachwood cops, during a felony stop, ordered a guy not to speak. After ***51 seconds*** he managed to inform them that he had a CHL and was carrying. They charged him with "failure to 'promptly' notify", and he actually went to trial. He was of course acquitted. I expect him to sue everybody involved, since this was not just ignorance (inexcusable in any case), but actual MALICE. They ORDERED him not to notify, AT GUNPOINT, then charged him for obeying their orders.

For this reason, I will shout over any cop if necessary to inform here.

The notification requirement is an open invitation to abuse and needs to be eliminated.
The Following User Likes This Post: