View Single Post

Old 03-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAH View Post
Being from West Virginia & of coal mining stock I've been laughed at & of by my fellow soldiers when I left the protected confines of the coal camp & company houses were I was raised.
One of our son in laws is from Kaiser, WV. He sure 'nuff talks funny!

We had a youth get together at our old church several years ago and had some folks come all the way from the same part of WV as the son in law. We happened to mention that they had some "odd" sayings and they laughed.

When I asked what were some of the things that they said back home that they didn't say too much when out of "country", so to speak the top on the list was: "Yuntoo" I asked what that meant and he slowed down and said: "Ya want to?" Then one of the things that they said that I thought was really funny was: "Use ta could" By this time I was rolling on the floor laughing. There were many others but I don't want to bore you.

LAH knows what I am talking about anyway!

Nick, not offended. It just seems to get weary defending something that is widely accepted when the outcome is much more dangerous to you individually. Boolit, schmoolits, doolits, or whatever.

p.s. I do hope counseling helps!