View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 01:38 AM

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Thanks Kevin, I had him find the factory letter. It turns out it is a 4 screw and it was shipped 10-13-1957 Serial # S 1775XX with Goncalo Alves target grips 6.5" barrel blue finish. The close up pictures I can see the sideplate has not been messed with the seam is clean and tight. It has a bit of bluing wear on the muzzle end of the barrel and on the front edge of the cylinder ( forcing cone side), it is very slight wear. The grips are in really great shape, clean and no dings or scratches, and the frame under them is just fine. One tiny ding under the yoke hinge but other than that it seems really pretty good. Rifling is crisp and clean no deposits. No rust on gun or scratches. He is standing firm on the $1,350.00 and he will hold until I decide tomorrow. He seemed very open on its condition and said he hasn't shot it very much at all. When he did take it out he used the Hogue's so as not to mess up the Target grips. He said he had it 30 years and it spent most of that time in his safe. So guys help me out here, I am not sure how the rating goes on what points off percentage, but I would say 95% - 96%, maybe more?? I get to sleep on this one and could sure use some feedback from anyone who would know. Thanks in advance for your help. Any replies will be gratefully looked forward to.

Thank you,