View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 06:29 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 142 Times in 54 Posts
Talking NIB 2" Model 63.....w/ photos! *Added photos from 1st Range trip, 555 rounds later*

Hey, everyone. Just wanted to drop in and show a couple photos of my newest acquisition; an early 90's vintage NIB 2" S&W Model 63. As soon as I found out they made this model with a 2" barrel, the hunt was on...I couldn't rest until I found one, and find one I did! I posted a WTB ad here on the forum and another member contacted me saying he had one he'd sell me. Apparently it was purchased, new in box, in '92 and left unfired. I'm pretty excited about this little guy and I know this is one that will be with me for as long as I'm still around I just cleaned and oiled it, bought some 555 ammo, and will be taking it to the range sometime in the next couple days. I'm excited for some lower cost snubbie training and to be able to spend more time on the range for less $. I had stopped by a local fun shop on the way back from my FFL to stop in and pick up some ammo, and while there; I noticed they had a couple prop-rods just left w/o guns in the S&W case...I asked the guy at the counter if I could buy one, and he just handed it to me and said "no charge"...very good guys at Surplus Ammo & Arms! All in all, it turned out to be a great morning for a S&W addict like myself Anyone have any hints, tips, or tricks for me and my first rimfire revolver? Thanks for looking, everyone -Rob

Last edited by Robinett_11B; 03-20-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added a couple more photos...
The Following 2 Users Like Post: