View Single Post

Old 03-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

Hey, Amigos, let me say only a few more words, with no guarantees, no special promises, the utmost reservations, and with absolute promises that if you do not follow the letter and law of the latest edition of every handloading manual extant, you will definitely blow off all your bodily appendages, please listen to this: Handloading is not a hobby for those who do not get it. We have benefited for many years from the experimentation of our ancestors who have been kind enough to blow up a few guns without hurting us or, mostly, themselves. The knowledge base from which we now progress is the result of decades of experimentation by men who took risks, and not all those risks paid off. Do you want to risk your high-dollar handgun with an off-the-chart load? Up to you.

At the same time, don't be silly on the front end of the chart. Chuck, who has a much better library of old advertisements than do I, is currently looking up old S&W ads for Js and Ks which will approve and promote 38-44 loads. I'll post such links when Chuck gets them to me. Meantime, why bother? The 342Ti that rides my ankle most of the time is happy with wadcutters, and I'm not sure it matters whether they run at 700 fps. or 875 fps. from its 1 7 /8" tube.

Last edited by 38-44HD45; 03-21-2011 at 05:16 PM.