Thread: M&P 15 sport
View Single Post

Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 AM
US Veteran

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starin1 View Post
Does anyone know if $640 for an M&P 15 sport is a good price? i know MSRP is $702 but ive sen online that say $585 600...i figure with FFL deals itd be the same but am curious to know if i can find that retail. Thanks
If ALL OTHER GUNS were at normal retail price, then i would say yes. However; I picked up an M&P15-OR (Much better M&P15) on sale for $649. S&W are on sale a lot. You just need to look. So; at that price; I wouldn't get a sport when I can get an m&p15OR.

The Sport is a cheapened version. There are some lower quality issues. And if we were looking at the normal $300 difference in price; I'd say the SPORT should definitely be considered. But when the OR is available on sale for the same price, I wouldn't even consider a SPORT version. And don't let people tell you that the OR has no sights and you'll be paying a lot extra. You can get an equal quality set of sights, equal to the Sport, for about $50 for the pair. So the OR is still a better deal/price. If you want the sales, you have to be patient and do some research. If you can't be patient, then pay whatever you want and buy whatever you want.